Who visit's the show?
MAGHREB PHARMA attracts every year all the producers of drugs, medical devices, dermo-cosmetics in the region as well as their suppliers by providing the perfect platform which allows to meet these decision-makers often difficult to meet. Here is an overview of the profile of our visitors:
- CEO / VP / Managing Director / Owners: 25%
- Senior Manager (supervising a team): 37%
- Middle Manager (non-supervising): 11%
- Other (pharmacists, lab staff, technicians): 24%
The Algerian Pharmaceutical Industry
The Minister of the Pharmaceutical Industry, Dr Lotfi Benbahmed: “The pharmaceutical industry sector, with its potential and its strategic character, has been identified as a key sector, which can be transformed from a budget-intensive sector to a creator of wealth.
This is how an entire ministry dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry was created in June 2020, testifying to the importance and interest that the State attaches to this sector in a context marked by the Covid pandemic and a difficult economic situation “
Some key figures of the Algerian market:
• 75% of the volume of pharmaceutical production for Algeria is local.
• 66% of the value of pharmaceutical production for Algeria is local
• Almost 60 new production lines were set up in 2021
• Local pharmaceutical production will exceed 2.5 billion euros by the end of 2021, which will reduce imports by 1.2 billion euros in 2021.
• The drug import bill will not exceed 1.2 billion euros in 2021, taking into account the authorization programs granted to pharmaceutical operators.
• The import bill will drop by nearly 500 million euros compared to 2020.
• oxygen production will drop from 500,000 liters to 800,000 liters by the end of the year, notably after the entry of two new units in Arzew and Ouargla.
• Algeria, through the capacity of its pharmaceutical industry, plans to export quantities of drugs equal to those it imports by 2025, ie $ 5 billion.
D'où viennent nos visiteurs ?
En raison de sa taille (1er marché en Afrique avec +3.2 milliards d’euros en valeur), le marché Algérien occupe la majorité de nos exposants et visiteurs mais nous avons chaque année un nombre croissant de visiteurs qui viennent des pays suivants :
- Algérie (90%)
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Burkina Faso